Create a hybrid decentralised community driven structure (Biodiversity-DAO) that:
Create a not-for-profit Foundation that:
- Is influenced by the DAO and managed by persons with significant experience in blockchain, environmental science, ethics and biology.
- Encourages innovation in the use of blockchain to:
- Identify, screen and allocate capital to biodiversity projects that can deliver a meaningful change in biodiversity gains in the world and protect endangered species;
- Create innovative Dapps, platforms, games and tools that raise awareness and concerns;
- Share know-how and help channel global community activity;
- Connect to other stakeholders (including legislators) and help to drive change in other domains.
- Demonstrated to other key stakeholders that this diverse creative crypto community (from centralised blockchain based profit making organisations, regulated institutions, investment funds and even the leading edge of DeFI & DAO) cares about its impact on the state of the world.
- Consider ESG standards and guidelines for the crypto sector.
Other great projects
We also value many other life-changing biodiversity funding, information, innovation and awareness projects including:
The Earthshot Prize – David Attenborough, Prince William, Shakira and others are working together to promote a prize pool of £50m awarded between 50 biodiversity projects over the next 10 years. We had ‘Moonshot’ – time for ‘Earthshot’.
The Half-Earth Project – E O Wilson Biodiversity Foundation support a project aiming to protect half the land and sea in order to manage sufficient habitat to reverse the species extinction crisis and ensure the long-term health of our planet. The Half-Earth Project is bringing this goal to life.